Marketing has evolved in so many ways and for many in business, the evolution is almost inconceivable. Marketing performance, however, remains a challenge and the revolution in marketing has made management of the discipline even more of a challenge. For business executives, it’s hard to explain the disconnect. It seems we’ve never had better marketing tools or resources. Marketing technology provides more access to data than management has ever had. So why does management struggle more than ever to make sure their marketing performs? The answer is this… Marketing resources do not align with key performance outcomes.
Marketing resource management:
Business, for the most part, has treated marketing as an unwanted necessity throughout its history. This is because management has viewed marketing primarily as a high cost, low reward communications function. Marketing performance depends on the alignment and successful management of many different activities and functions within a business. So to view it only as a communications function can only lead to under-performance.
So how do you resource business for optimal marketing performance? The key is to ensure alignment and minimise fragmentation. To service the marketing needs of an organisation you need:
- Business strategy, marketing strategy and business visionaries
- Client account management and support
- Strategic and applied digital marketing expertise
- Coding, web and app development and novel solutions development
- Social media management, content management, CRM Systems management and copywriting
- A full suite of creative, design and production services
- Media buying
Businesses typically fulfil these function across a mix of employees and outsourced agencies. The mix of in-sourcing and outsourcing is where the misalignment and fragmentation starts.
Why marketing underperforms:
When you seek to employ skilled marketing resources you quickly realise it’s difficult to do and costly. Some employees will only be needed part of the time and buying expertise is expensive. However, when you outsource marketing requirements you face different challenges. A distant service provider is often less engaged in the detail of your business outcomes. When called to account on underperformance they often want to charge you extra to tweak or amend the work being carried out.
Macrison is different!
Our approach to marketing performance is one of absolute consultancy. We are of the opinion that if you are not in a close working relationship with your clients where their day to day knowledge and expertise are part of our solutions, we will fail. Our success and your success stem for this approach.
1. We don’t approach any client with any preconceived notion of a solution based on our own area of expertise. We have the full suite of skills and resources so we are interested in the right solution for you.
2. We agree to a plan and KPI’s with our client before we commence any projects.
3. We agree to a fixed price for our service and provide a clear budget for any external costs to satisfy the plan.
4. We provide the right resources at the right time and as needed to successfully implement the plan.
5. We engage and listen to the client every step of the way and refine our planning and approach as we go without the client ever having to worry about a cost blow out.
Macrison is 100% focused on having marketing performance at the forefront of our services, you’ll never find us or our promised outcomes, missing in action.
The first step is to know your costs
One of our points of difference is our on-demand resources at fixed prices. We’ve been able to save our clients up to 25% of their costs while achieving better all-round marketing outcomes. It surprises us how often we speak to prospects who don’t really understand the real cost of their marketing. If that’s you, you might find this marketing costs calculator helpful.
Calculator Disclaimer: Please note, any information you enter into the calculator is private and you can enter and change the information as much as you like without anyone but you being able to see the information. However, if you hit submit the last information in your calculator will be forwarded to Macrison. Macrison will guard your privacy and confidentiality. Macrison will never share any of the information provided except with the person who enters the data. Data specific to your business is deleted after 30 days. If you have any concerns with the privacy of the information, do not submit your calculations.
If you’d like to explore ways to improve your marketing performance, please give us a shout out. Maybe you’d like to chat about marketing and business in general or perhaps you’d like to make contact from a networking perspective. In any case, we’d welcome the opportunity to connect. Oh and one major promise… we will never ever try to hard sell you on anything. We look forward to hearing from you.
Book a call
Or call us on 02 9743 2266 or email at [email protected]